So what do you get with HD Expert coolant testing?
- Contamination levels: this can help identify engine problems, such as a blown head gasket, failed injector sleeve, etc.
- pH levels: It’s important to have the correct coolant pH level. A level that is too high can cause engine scaling and reduce coolant performance. On the other hand, a level that is too low can cause corrosion.
- Corrosion Inhibitors: corrosion inhibitors protect cooling system components. Unfortunately, some inhibitors deteriorate over time. Having the correct inhibitor level is fundamental to engine health.
- Foaming properties: antifoam agents prevent coolant aeration, which can cause poor performance. For proper cooling system operation, the correct amount of antifoam agents must be present.
- Freezing point: to prevent engine-freezing, the correct level of anti-freeze must be present in the coolant.
This information will help you increase the performance and longevity of your vehicle, or fleet. It also decreases vehicle downtime due to repairs, and takes the guesswork out of choosing the right coolant. Order your kit today, using the easy-to-complete form.
Not a customer—no problem! We’ll test it for you.